Parallels is committed to delivering great customer service to both our loyal customers and the newest members of the Parallels community. We’d like to explain our Parallels Desktop® for Mac Tech Guarantee for 2018, and answer questions that users may have about running Windows, Linux, and other popular OSes on Mac® without rebooting.
In Parallels Desktop 14, there are 50+ new features and performance enhancements that improve the overall user experience. In our latest release, Microsoft Windows applications start up to 35% faster, automatic disk monitoring helps you save precious disk space, and there’s added support for macOS® Mojave (10.14) as both a host and guest OS. Those are just the features we’re most excited about—there is SO much more to explore within Parallels Desktop to help users make the most out of their Mac.
With our Tech Guarantee, customers who purchased and registered a copy of Parallels Desktop 13 from the Parallels online store (parallels.com) or an authorized reseller on or after August 1, 2018 through October 31, 2018 are eligible to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 14 at no charge, subject to certain conditions.
Note: If you have an active annual subscription of Parallels Desktop for Mac, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition, or Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition, then you’re eligible for an upgrade to the latest version. Subscription users automatically get access to the latest version. For information on how to redeem your upgrade, check Parallels MyAccount or your email that you used for the purchase.
The conditions covering eligibility for an upgrade include:
- Upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop at no additional cost if you purchased and registered Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac between August 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018.
- Must be a qualifying product, as mentioned in #1 below. Non-qualifying products are explained in #3 below.
- Must be purchased from an authorized retailer. Non-authorized retailers are explained in #4 below.
1. The following Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac products qualify for the Tech Guarantee:
- Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Full Version (New Licenses)
- Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Upgrade (Upgrade Licenses)
- Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Student License
- Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac OEM Version when purchased together with hardware or other approved software products (OEM License)
Your product must be registered on or after August 1, 2018, and before or on October 31, 2018.
2. How do I receive my upgrade key?
For eligible customers who purchased and registered their product after August 1, 2018 and before October 31, 2018, upgrade keys will automatically be added to your Parallels MyAccount. You’ll receive an automatic upgrade notification via email.
You should receive your upgrade key within seven days after the new version of Parallels Desktop becomes available. The upgrade key will be sent to the email that was used to register your license for Parallels Desktop 13.
If you have not yet registered your copy of Parallels Desktop 13, register your key now to allow the system to create the upgrade key for you.
3. The following Parallels Desktop for Mac products do not qualify for the Tech Guarantee:
- Trial versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac
- Licenses sold under the Volume License Program, including PIK/PIKA, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition licenses, and Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition licenses
- Not-for-resale (NFR) versions
- OEM versions that are purchased unlawfully without hardware or qualifying software
- Parallels Desktop for Mac versions purchased and registered before August 1, 2018, or after October 31, 2018
4. Non-authorized retailers and resellers include but are not limited to:
- Products purchased on eBay, Amazon Marketplace, and sources that are not Parallels authorized resellers. Get more information about resellers.
Please follow the steps above before contacting Parallels Customer Support. Key(s) will be automatically sent to your email address, so check your spam/junk folder. Please allow up to seven business days for your key to be delivered.
If you’ve read the above but still have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our teams. We’re here to help with your questions or concerns via our social support on Facebook or Twitter.
– The Parallels Team