Our team of engineers have been hard at work after we released Parallels Desktop® 13 for Mac! Hundreds of development hours go into ensuring Parallels Desktop users are the center of everything we do. We’d like to wholeheartedly thank the users who provided such wonderful product feedback. Combining the valuable user feedback and engineering Q&A, we’ve committed to a new update for Parallels Desktop 13.
This update for Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac 13.1.0 addresses overall stability and performance issues. It includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Enables the user to create a new Boot Camp® virtual machine on a Mac® with macOS® High Sierra.
- Enables the user to install a High Sierra virtual machine from the Recovery partition on their High Sierra Mac.
- Resolves an issue with some Windows shortcuts not working (for example, “Control+Shift+”+”/”-” in Microsoft Excel).
- Resolves an issue with installing Parallels Tools on Windows XP (Note: Parallels Tools are used for Windows and macOS integration. Do not confuse them with Parallels® Toolbox.)
- Resolves an issue with Windows not starting when opening a file associated with a Windows application on macOS.
- Resolves an issue with crashes of BIMcollab ZOOM and TopSolid CAD.
- Resolves an issue with Zoom In and Zoom Out in APEX 3.
- Resolves an issue with “Sending as Attachment” not working for Windows files and Mac email client after suspending and resuming a Windows virtual machine.
- Resolves an issue with OneDrive for Business not shared with macOS, even if that option is enabled.
- Resolves an issue with Microsoft Windows Start menu not appearing when clicking the Windows icon if Dock auto-hide is enabled.
- Resolves an issue with copying Windows files to Mac.
- Resolves an issue with TeamViewer camera not working.
- Resolves an issue with maximizing Windows applications in Coherence mode.
- Resolves an issue with installing a macOS older than Mac OS X® Mavericks 10.9 in the virtual machine from the installation image.
- Resolves an issue with macOS not going to sleep when there is a virtual machine in Coherence mode.
Feel free to check out the Parallels knowledge base to read more details surrounding the Parallels Desktop 13 release.
Note: We strongly suggest that our users keep their copy of Parallels Desktop up to date to make sure you have minimum issues and maximum performance.
To download the latest update, go to the Parallels Desktop menu -> Check for Updates:
(Parallels Desktop “Check for Updates” can be found in the macOS Finder bar, as seen above.)
Support: Have you updated to Parallels Desktop 13.1.0 but are experiencing technical issues? The Parallels Desktop global support team provides support over multiple channels:
US Toll-free: +1 888 811-2489
Out of US – International: +1 703 579-0156
- Submit a request on the website
- Facebook Messenger ParallelsInc
- Twitter @ParallelsCares
Need to run Windows, Linux, or other free systems on your Mac? Try Parallels Desktop for Mac, you can download our free 14-day trial.