Before starting to use almost any application, we need to not only purchase and install it but also activate and register it. The Parallels development team does their best to make Parallels product registration as easy and convenient as possible. Whether it’s Parallels Desktop for Mac or Parallels Remote Application Server, the activation process is straightforward.
Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM is no different from the activation standpoint. In this blog, I will guide you through the easy steps to activate your Parallels Mac Management license.
Just for your quick reference, Parallels Mac Management extends Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 and 2012 R2 (or newer) with support for Mac computers. For companies that already have Microsoft SCCM in place, Parallels Mac Management allows administrators to use SCCM as their only system to manage both PCs and Mac.
Parallels Mac Management is licensed on a per managed Mac basis. The number of individual licenses in your subscription denotes the number of Mac computers you can manage in SCCM.
You license Parallels Mac Management with a prepaid subscription, which works as follows:
- A subscription is purchased for a predefined period of time.
- A subscription can include any number of individual licenses (the maximum number of Mac computers that you can manage).
- Support is included in the subscription cost.
No matter how many licenses there are in your subscription, you’ll receive a single license key. This license key can be used to activate a single installation of Parallels Mac Management. If you need to activate several Parallels Mac Management installations to work simultaneously, you’ll need multiple license keys.
You can also get a trial version of Parallels Mac Management if you want to check it out before you purchase it.
As an innovative software company, Parallels goes above and beyond to create high quality programs and release updates. Parallels Mac Management has several versions now, the latest being 5.0. Let’s activate it together.
- First of all, we need to open the Configuration Manager
- Then, let’s navigate to Administration-> Overview -> Parallels Mac Management -> Licenses.
- Right-click your site in the Licenses list and choose Activate license. You will then see the Activate License dialog window.
- Now, enter your license key, choose the Activate onlineoption, and click
After these simple steps, Parallels Mac Management connects to the Parallels Licensing Server for the key verification. Once the license key has been confirmed, you will receive the results on your screen. Then click Finish.
Parallels Mac Management has now been successfully activated, and you can start taking advantage of its features. Getting started is not difficult at all—see Chapter 2 of the Administrator’s guide to configure Parallels Mac Management for your needs.