If you want to manage your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices with Parallels 2X MDM, you must follow the enrolment process to download, install and configure the Parallels 2X MDM app according to the instructions below.
Note to Parallels 2X MDM Administrators: To manage iPhone, iPad devices, you must first install an Apple Push Certificate. Read Obtaining an Apple Push Certificate for 2X MDM.
Note to Users: Use Safari as the browser to Enrol your device. This is required for the Parallels 2X MDM profile installation.
Enrolling an iPhone or iPad with an Parallels 2X MDM Account
1. Point your iPhone or iPad browser (Safari) to the Enrol portal URL: https://mdm.2x.com/Enroll
Note: If connecting to an On Premise Edition Parallels 2X MDM server, ‘mdm.2x.com’ must be replaced with the server domain (https://<Server Domain>/enroll)
2. Enter the Parallels 2X MDM account name supplied to you by your Parallels 2X MDM administrator and tap ‘Enrol this Device’.
Alternatively, open the invitation email sent to you by your Parallels 2X MDM administrator and tap ‘Enrol this Device’ directly from your iPad or iPhone to skip steps 1 and 2.
3. Next press the ‘Install Profile’ button to start the profile installation process.
4. You will then be prompted to install the “Parallels 2X MDM” profile. Press the “Install” button.
5. A warning dialog shall notify you that you are allowing the administrator at the Parallels 2X MDM server to remotely manage your iPhone. Tap ‘Install’ to confirm.
iOS 6 and below users: you have now successfully enrolled your device. The Parallels 2X MDM client is NOT supported on iOS 6 and below devices.
Note to Administrator: Click here to review how to approve devices which are waiting for registration approval.
Once approved by the Parallels 2X MDM administrator, iOS 7 and above users shall be presented with a prompt to install the Parallels 2X MDM client.
6. Tap ‘Install’ to start the installation process
7. Once completed, tap on the Parallels 2X MDM client icon to run the application.
Congratulations! Your iOS device can now be managed by Parallels 2X MDM!