An Introduction to Cloud Computing
— Brought to you by the 2X Cloud Computing Team —
Cloud computing, a buzz word among SMBs and large enterprises can be defined as internet based computing where delivery of different services such as servers, storage and applications is made available to the computers and devices of an organization through the internet. It has given a new definition to data access and storage. Cloud computing is an on-demand service which is acquiring mass appeal in business data centers. The cloud facilitates a data center to function like the internet, allowing computing resources to be accessed and shared like virtual resources in a scalable and secure manner.
Businesses all over the world are talking about the wide range of benefits from cloud computing such as cost savings, scalability, flexibility, etc. However, plenty of other advantages are not easily noticeable but worth mentioning. When deployed by a company, cloud technology transforms the face of business operations, enabling business owners to acquire maximum advantages related to the following:
- Minimal investment: This is the most basic advantage but also the most important. The cloud reduces the cost of maintenance and integration of different services. With the help of this technology, a business can access and use an integrated package of products without paying unwillingly.
- Rapid deployment: As the cloud allows the use of software over the internet, a business does not need to spend time installing software that it uses over many systems. All you need to do is access the software through the cloud and the time of deployment is minimal.
- Infinitely scalable: Your services are infinitely scalable and this scale is completely dependent on your requirements.
- Lower operating costs: Your operating costs are reduced as the cost of maintenance will be handled by the company who is offering its service over the cloud. Therefore, businesses don’t need to worry about the operating costs as it is handled by the provider.
Many recognized hypervisor vendors have developed VDI (Virtual Desktop Interface) solutions which have given companies a broad choice when it comes to deployment. 2X Remote Application Server is software that combines Windows terminal services with extended functionality from 2X Software which results in a VDI that is affordable and easy to deploy. Many businesses are making the switch to 2X Remote Application Server as it offers a cost effective solution that is easy to deploy. 2X Software solutions can improve your cloud computing experience through features such as:
- Virtual Desktop & Application Delivery: The delivery of Windows desktops or applications to remote desktops and mobiles.
- Connection Broker: It enables the delivery of virtual desktops that are hosted on hypervisors like Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, Citrix Xen and more.
- 2X Client for Mobiles: It allows connectivity to solutions from Windows, Mac, iOS and smart phones, Androids and tablets.
- High Scalability & Redundancy: It allows scaling and upgrading the virtual environment without any downtime.
- RDP Drives: The 2X Windows Client can select which drives a user can redirect.
Although this is quite an impressive list, it still this does not completely outline the value that an IT admin can receive after deploying 2X Remote Application Server. In brief, 2X Software provides continuous availability, resource-based load balancing and complete end-to-end network transparency for businesses of all sizes.