At 2X, our main concern is making your experience with 2X products as smooth, simple, and enjoyable as possible. We constantly work to improve our products to make them increasingly faster, reliable, and easy to use. In this article, we take a look at the new 2X File Uploader and its functionalities.
The 2X File Uploader is a new feature introduced with 2X Remote Application Server, functioning as an add-on application enabling users to transfer files between machines. It is designed to be used as a simple published application; although primarily designed to be used between terminal servers, the 2X File Uploader can be used to transfer files between Windows machines as well.
When installing 2X Remote Application Server, the 2X File Uploader will actually be installed automatically, with the same location path of (ex: C:Program Files (x86)2XApplicationServer2XFileUploader.exe).
When opening the 2X Remote Application Server console, choosing “Publishing Resources”, then “Add an Application” to publish the File Uploader from its location (ex: C:Program Files (x86)2XApplicationServer2XFileUploader.exe).
2X File Uploader features include the following:
1. Extensions: Users can choose the file format (ex: “.txt”, “.doc”, “.xlsx”, etc.) that will be used when transferring from the source to the destination folder; users will also be able to insert a description for the added extension type.
2. File Selection: Users can select files to be transferred from the source to the destination folder.
3. Source Folder: Here, users can enter the location of the source folder (ex: C:filestotransfer) from which they want to transfer files. These entries can be added or removed as needed.
4. Destination Folder: This is the location to which selected files will be transferred. Again, note that users can add or remove these entries as needed.
5. Transfer: The Transfer button will simply start the file transfer from the source to the destination.
6. Drive Mapping: From the drive mapping tab, a user can choose to map drives on the local computer.
For more information, please have a look at our 2X ApplicationServer XG Additional Tools manual using the following link: