With almost 50,000 beta testers behind us, we are making tremendous progress in beta testing. Because of the massive support and constructive feedback we’ve recieved, our development and QA teams were able to resolve a number of bugs and issues very quickly, and as a result, I’m proud to let you know that beta3 of Parallels Workstation 2.1 for Mac OS X available for download!
Get your copy now at at the Parallels for Mac OS X Download Center. If you’re a Beta1 or Beta2 user, Beta3 will install over your current copy of Workstation, and you won’t need to get a new key. Just download, install, and get back to work.
And, don’t forget that if you pre-order your copy now, you can save $10 off the $49.99 retail price! Pre-order your copy now for just $39.99 at the Parallels Online Store.
Beta3 offers the several fixes and improvements that bring us much closer to a complete product:
- No need to reinstall Parallels Workstation if its moved from the default file location.
- Mac OS X no longer restarts when Parallels Workstation is left running and host wakes up from “Sleep” mode
- Kernel no longer panics when working with several VMs
- Improved speed and performance
- Idling guest OS now consumes only 1-2% of CPU power
- Bridged networking issues fixed
- Sound support introduced (I mean it this time!)
- Improved wi-fi support, especially for MacBook Pro laptops
- Improved mouse synchronization tool
- Keyboard mapping and repeating bugs fixed
- CD/DVD problems fixed
- Many other minor bug fixes
There are a few known issues that are being resolved now:
- Do NOT suspend your VM when sound is playing inside guest, as it may reset Mac OS X.
- VMs are created with the Sound device pointing to the Null Device. Its important to point it to “Default Audio” manually to have sound enabled in a VM.
- Sound may tremble at the beginning of playing
- USB is not working yet, but will be very soon
- Video output is still a bit slow
- Image Tool is not available yet, but will be very soon.