Today’s a big day for Mac users everywhere! Parallels Workstation for Mac OS X Beta5 is here…and it includes USB support and a Shared Folder function that makes sharing documents between Windows and Mac OS X a snap.
Get your free copy of Beta5 at the Parallels Download Center. Remember, if you’re already a beta tester, you can just install Beta5 on top of your current version. You will NOT have to rebuild your virtual machines.
Remember that you can also pre-order your copy of Parallels Workstation now and save $10 off the $49.99 retail price! Pre-order your copy now!
Improvements and Fixes in Beta5:
- Introduced USB support. Connect your favorite USB devices directly to a virtual machine!
- Introduced shared folders. Share files between Mac OS X and any Windows XP or Windows 2003 guest virtual machine!
- Support for dynamic screen resolutions has been introduced. This means that when you choose a guest OS, a list of available screen resolutions is dynamically populated with primary OS resolutions.
- Fixed keyboard mapping problems and the mouse pointer lag problem
- Improved sound support. The sound lag problem has also been fixed.
- Fixed problems with sleeping/waking up the primary OS when a VM is running
- Introduced the ability to resize a guest when switching to fullscreen mode
- Added optional “transition cube” animation for transitioning to and from fullscreen mode. This is a really cool feature that makes switching between OSes in fullscreen mode very easy. There’s a video of an early version of this feature in action here.
- Fixed several kernel panics
- Added default network adapter for bridged mode
- There’s a new and improved Parallels Tools package in Beta5. To update, open your VM, log in, click the “VM” menu, and click “Install Parallels Tools”
Also, we now have more than 100,000 beta testers! Thanks (again) to everyone who’s helping make this the best product possible. The fact that we’re moving so fast with this beta program is a direct result of your support, enthusiasm, and hard work.