Beta4 is here!
Thanks to the help of our thousands of beta testers, we hammered our many of the bugs found in betas 1, 2, and 3, and were able to include several important new features, including:
- Support for full screen mode
- Dual-monitor support
- Improved real CD/DVD support
- Improved, easier to use interface
- Better sound support, including a fix for Windows 2000 guest OS
- Networking kernel panics fixes
- Bridged networking issues fixes
- WiFi networking issues fixes
- Fixes for some of the issues encountered when entering “Sleep” mode when a VM is running
- Many other minor bug fixes
Dual monitor and full screen suppot are my favorite additions to Beta4. Now, you can drag a VM to a second display, hit full screen, and effectively have 2 “life size” computers running different OSes, but with one set of input devices. I do this all the time with Linux on my Windows XP machine and can’t wait to get to work with Windows and Mac OS X at the same time on two displays!
Just a heads up…there is one known issue with Beta4 that we’re already working on and I wanted to share with you: If you have a real CD or DVD connected to a VM, you may have problems ejecting the disk. Simply disconnect the CD from the VM, and you should be able to eject the disk as normal.
Ready to get started with the new version? Get it at the Parallels Download Center!