I’ve received a number of emails and phone calls asking “I pre-ordered Workstation for Mac, so where’s my key?” This post will hopefully shed some light on what’s going on with that process.
When you pre-order a copy of Parallels Workstation, you’re effectively buying a “place holder” for one of the first keys that are available when the product is ready for sale. Here’s how things will work when you pre-order:
- Submit your order online at the Parallels Online Store.
- Save $10 because you’re smart and took advantage of our great pre-order discount.
- Download the beta product at the Download Center.
- Click “Get a trial key”, which will get you a 30-day beta key and enable you to use the product during beta the program.
SIDE NOTE: If you have a key that’s ready to expire, you should have received a replacement key via email. If you didn’t, email support at firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll help you out.
- The minute the product is released, you’ll recieve a permanent activiation key and a download link for the GA product.
- Update Parallels, input the key, and get back to work!
I hope this clears things up. Thanks again for your support, and your patience!