The latest version of Parallels Access® adds a much-requested feature: support for iPhone® X, including new technologies in iPhone X such as Face ID®. Parallels Access, which gives users a convenient and natural way to control their desktop applications from their tablet or phone, now has full support for the higher resolution screen of the iPhone X. (See Figure 1.)
Of course, iPhone X apps that have a sign-in feature must support Face ID. Setting up and using Face ID in Parallels Access 4.0 is straightforward and easy. (See Figure 2.)
For those of you with an older iPhone, Touch ID® is still supported.
In addition to support for the iPhone X, Parallels Access 4.0 also adds the following features on iOS clients:
- Use of Spotlight for app search
- Text selection using 3D Touch®
- With a light first press, the user is able to move the pointer; with a heavier second press, Parallels Access essentially “blocks” the left-mouse button and performs text selection.
- A new mouse mode
- A new “dumbo” mouse option is added to the existing touch mode and pointer mode, for a total of three mouse modes that you can choose from. (See Figure 3.)
- Faster computer/app launch using 3D Touch
- You can add a widget to the iPhone which enables you to connect to a remote computer or launch a remote app with just a single tap. (See Figure 4.)
If you’re using your iPad Pro® as desktop replacement and you really miss having a mouse, Parallels Access 4.0 adds support for the SwiftPoint GT mouse, which you can connect to the iPad Pro using Bluetooth®. Figure 5 shows me using the SwiftPoint GT mouse with my iPad Pro.
In addition to the iOS and Android clients, Parallels Access also enables you to access your remote computer(s) from any computer or device with a current HTML5 web browser. Simply login to your Parallels account (Figure 6) to select and access your computer, without having to install any browser extensions (Figure 7).
Parallels Access 4.0 is a free update to anyone with a current Parallels Access subscription, and there’s a free, 7-day trial for anyone else. Download your free trial of Parallels Access now.