There are a number of great features in the recently released Parallels Access 3.0, but the one I believe that I’ll use the most is the ability to share files directly from my Mac, without any uploading to a cloud service.
Don’t get me wrong—I love the Cloud, and Dropbox has saved me more times than I can count. But sometimes I don’t want the bother of uploading the file to the Cloud as the first step in getting a file to a friend. Maybe the file is too large for the amount of free space in my Cloud; maybe I don’t have the time to upload it; or maybe something else gets in the way. Being able to quickly generate a link to the file and mail that link to my friend is just so convenient.
In the video below, I share a 4.0 GB file using Parallels Access 3.0. The steps are really simple:
- Launch Parallels Access and connect to the remote computer that has the file you want to share.
- Select that file in the Universal File Manager of Parallels Access.
- Tap on the “Generate a Link” button.
- Send that link to your friend via email or text message.
- When your friend clicks on that link, the file will be downloaded to their computer.
Watch these steps in action:
I hope you find this as useful a new feature as I do! Have you downloaded Parallels Access 3.0 yet?