Managed Service Provider (MSP) Overview
A Managed Service Provider (MSP) is a third-party contractor that delivers – usually from a private cloud – applications and desktops to businesses, organizations, and end users. Parallels offers solutions that help an MSP to build, manage, and create new revenues for its business.
MSPs of all sizes can create new business opportunities and grow their company by leveraging the capabilities of Parallels RAS. As a connection broker, Parallels RAS offers data and virtual desktops from a central location, providing continuous availability, resource-based load balancing, and complete network transparency.
As a comprehensive solution, Parallels RAS is uniquely able to help MSPs to drive new revenue growth, and their clients to focus on their core business.
Challenges Faced by Managed Service Providers
In a complex environment with many customers and different requirements, consolidation is the key to delivery of an easy-to-manage and cost-effective solution.
Businesses and organizations need a completely hands-off solution that allows them to forget about the complexities of technology, and transforms capital expenses into operational costs.
- Deliver resources from different hypervisors – VDI
- Windows Server management environment complexity – RDS
- Allow users to print and scan locally from virtual applications and desktops – peripheral redirection
- Seamless user experience on a wide range of devices – mobility
- Guarantee customer data partitioning – security
- Understand resource consumption per customer – billing
- Ensure connectivity for remote users 24/7 – business continuity
- Growing pains associated with accommodating more users – infrastructure
- Adapt to customer expectations and requirements – flexibility
- Support different customers in different times and locations – IT Support/Helpdesk
Overcome Managed Service Provider Challenges with Parallels RAS
Parallels RAS is a connection broker between users and virtual resources such as VDI and RDS. Parallels enables you to publish full desktops, applications and documents from Microsoft – HyperV, VMware – ESXi, Citrix – Xen, as well as RDS.
Parallels RAS distributes data, apps and desktops consistently across multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Chrome OS, as well as client-less HTML5 browser access.
Parallels RAS is a powerful load balancing tool that offers complete redundancy for effective business continuity management. It monitors the workload of each server and gateway autonomously, and automatically routes traffic to the least loaded server and/or gateway. Failover protection effectively reroutes workload from failed or inoperative servers and/or gateways to operational hardware. With the Parallels business continuity management system, traffic is intelligently balanced across all servers and/or gateways, while applications deliver peak performance without overloading the servers and/or gateways.
How to Address MSP Challenges with Parallels RAS:
- VDI – Parallels RAS is able to work concurrently with RDS and VDI from the major hypervisors. Read more.
- RDS – Effortless application and desktop publishing from an easy-to-use wizard and intuitive interface. Read more.
- Peripheral redirection – No need to install and configure extra drivers on the server. Automatic redirection of a printing/scanning job locally. Read more.
- Mobility – Parallels client is supported on all major desktops, mobile platforms and HTML5. Read more.
- Security – Multi-tenant-like infrastructure per site. Active directory security features and Parallels filtering divide organizations. Read more.
- Billing – Invoice customers with Parallels Reporting per user, device, application, or even service consumption information per site/company. Read more.
- Business continuity – Load balancing is automatically enabled on all servers and connection high availability is easy to deploy. Read more.
- Infrastructure – Add extra RDS servers and VDI hosts with a simplified wizard. Read more.
- Flexibility – Publishing desktops and applications from RDS and VDI to any device in a few clicks. Read more.
- IT Support/Helpdesk – Remotely control Windows devices from anywhere. Power on turned-off remote PCs and automate device power cycles. Read more.
- Client Configuration – Streamlined client setup procedure with invitation email and automatic client configuration. Read more.
‘How to’ technical references
Managing published applications:
Adding a VDI host to your environment:
Adding an extra terminal server (Windows Server):
Managing printing server:
Managing scanning server:
Configuring 2X Client:
Adding and managing sites:
Configuring 2X Reporting:
Generating detailed reports:
Resource-based load balancing configuration options:
Round robin-based load balancing configuration options:
Configuring High Availability Load Balancing:
Inviting Users to Connect Devices:
Managed Service Provider: Managed services | Wikipedia
Managed Service Provider: MSP | Gartner