2X Remote Application Server works with a concurrent 2X user based licensing model. This article outlines how a user contributes to a license key being counted.
How Licenses are Counted: 2X User Based Licensing
The below is true when a connection is established for 2X Connections:
- When a user connects to a 2X ClientSecure Gateway, the username information is paired to his MAC Address. This pair will contribute towards 1 license key being consumed when a published resource is invoked.
- The license is retained until the published resource is closed.
- The same user connecting from a different device with a different MAC Address will consume a second license.
- Users logged on different 2X farms require a separate license per 2X farm.
For RDP connections via MSTSC, the following is true:
- A license is consumed if connecting to the Gateway port via MSTSC (default port 80)
- A license is consumed if connecting to the RDP port configured in the gateway.
A license is not consumed if a client RDPs directly into the back-end RDS server. For MSTSC connections that are counted, the license is dropped immediately after disconnect/logoff.