Manage your Windows 7 / 8 laptops using 2X MDM by following the enrolment process to download, install and automatically configure the 2X MDM client app according to the instructions below.
Enrolling a Windows Laptop with an 2X MDM Account
1. Point your default browser to the Enrol portal URL: https://mdm.2x.com/Enroll
Note: If connecting to an On Premise Edition 2X MDM server, ‘mdm.2x.com’ must be replaced with the server domain (https://<Server Domain>/enroll)
2. Enter the 2X MDM account name supplied to you by your 2X MDM administrator and click ‘Enrol this Device’.
Alternatively, open the invitation email sent to you by your 2X MDM administrator and click ‘Enrol this Device’ directly from your Windows Laptop to skip steps 1 and 2.
3. Next, click the ‘Download Windows Client’ button to download the 2X MDM Client app.
4. Click to run the downloaded setup file to begin the installation. Click ‘Next’ at the Welcome screen that appears to proceed to the next setup screen.
5. Select the installation folder that you want to install the agent to and click on ‘Next’.Click ‘Install’ at the next screen to start the file installation on your machine.
6. Now that the installation has completed, go back to the Enrol portal and click the ‘Download Configuration File’ button to download the 2X MDM account information. This file shall be added to your download’s folder.
7. Upon completion, click to open this file. This action automatically configures the app to connect with the 2X MDM account.
8. Next, the 2X MDM Agent will start up on your machine and will try to register to your 2X MDM account, pending approval by the account administrator.
Note to User: You shall skip step 8 and the device automatically approved if enrolled from the ‘Enrol this Device’ link in the invitation email sent to you by your 2X MDM administrator.
Note to Administrator: Click here to review how to approve devices which are waiting for registration approval.
9 . Your Windows laptop is now being managed by 2X MDM! (Note that this may take a minute)