2X SecureRemoteDesktop creates the 2X Cyber Secure Gateway, protecting the connection between your device and your home or office PC
DALLAS, TX, August 12th, 2013 — 2X Software, a global leader in virtual desktop and application delivery solutions, today announced it has released 2X SecureRemoteDesktop. It is the only product that fully provides users with on-demand, proactive protection against both known and unknown attacks through remote desktop connections, ultimately securing access to your home Windows desktop or laptop.
In addition to protecting you from dangerous cyber threats, it also protects your privacy by giving you full control on who can access your desktop or laptop and by notifying you of access activity on your machine. 2X SecureRemoteDesktop is installed on your Windows desktop or laptop and works on all 2X Clients, making it simple to implement and easy to use. This allows you to enjoy secure and private remote access from anywhere, at anytime.
“We are thrilled to bring 2X SecureRemoteDesktop into the marketplace. There’s a high demand for users to secure their remote desktop connection, so we wanted to provide a solution for them to protect their data against a brute force attack. It’s always motivational for our team to develop a product which will help our customers safeguard their personal information such as passwords, social security information and credit card details from cyber criminals.”
The Essential Security Solution for your Remote Connection
Professional cyber robbery is an increasing trend where an attacker wants to operate within the active user’s session, while not interacting with the user. It’s estimated that cyber crime affects more than 550 million people per year, or more than 15 victims per second! Nowadays, sophisticated hackers are targeting remote desktop sessions in order to steal personal information.
Remote access to personal information is present in an increasing number of households. Mobile users at work, traveling, or simply on the go require remote access to their personal home network which typically contains sensitive information.
Antivirus Protection is Not Enough
Traditional security measures, such as antivirus software, needs to be combined with extra security layers addressing the weak spot – the remote desktop connection, where hackers are constantly trying to steal and manipulate personal data. Any information accessed remotely without the proper protection in place, is an easy target for a brute force attack.
An attack on your remote desktop connection is based on a simple methodology. First, scan a range of IP addresses, then the scanner looks for open ports usually used by Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and finally an RDP brute force attack is launched using dictionary terms which allows a connection to the attacker.
About 2X SecureRemoteDesktop
2X SecureRemoteDesktop creates the 2X Cyber Secure Gateway, protecting the connection between your device and your home or office PC. This impenetrable tunnel prevents snoopers, hackers, and ISP‘s from spying on the data transferred across your remote connection such as emails, instant messages, downloads, credit card information and passwords.
The core features included are as follows:
- Tunneled SSL connectivity
- 2nd level authentication
- Security by filtering connection
- Security warning notifications
- Access activity audit logs
- OS independent device connectivity
- User management & configuration
- URL / mail redirection
- Automatic opening / closing of onscreen keyboard
Features in Detail
Private & Secure Remote Connection
- 2X SecureRemoteDesktop offers an enhanced level of security through the 2X CyberSecure Gateway. Whenever you remotely connect from your device to your desktop or laptop, all your personal data being transferred is protected through a secure tunnel, creating your 2X Personal Private Cloud.
Advanced Security Filtering
- Because of privacy and security concerns, you may want to allow or block certain users from remotely accessing your desktop or laptop. With 2X SecureRemoteDesktop, you can set a specific list of devices which are able to remotely access your desktop or laptop, providing you with full control of who can access your private data.
Security Warning Notifications
- The internet is infested with spammers, snoopers, and hackers. They silently monitor your remote desktop connection and steal your sensitive data, such as credit card information and passwords, when you least expect it. By using 2X SecureRemoteDesktop, you can monitor all activity happening on your home desktop or laptop through a historical log of all the access activity on your machine. You will also receive warning notifications sent via email each time someone attempts to connect to your desktop or laptop.
High Security Layer
- 2X SecureRemoteDesktop provides you with a higher level of security and helps you to configure your machine for private remote access. The application adds a higher security layer to the standard remote access products found in the Windows operating system. You can add a second level authentication method using a One Time Password (OTP) which enables the OTP to change for each logon, providing you with enhanced protection from cyber crime.
Protect your personal data from a brute force attack on your remote desktop connection!
Read more about 2X SecureRemoteDesktop
Download 2X SecureRemoteDesktop
About 2X Software
2X Software is a global leader in virtual desktop and application delivery, remote access and cloud computing solutions. Thousands of enterprises worldwide trust in the reliability and scalability of 2X products. 2X offers a range of solutions to make every company’s shift to cloud computing simple and affordable. For additional information, visit www.2x.com.