DALLAS, TX, February 21st, 2013 — 2X Software, a global leader in virtual desktop and application delivery solutions, today announced that the company has launched the full version of the 2X Client for RDP / Remote Desktop on Mac OS X. The free 2X Client, already downloaded and trusted by millions of Windows users, is now available for MAC users to remotely connect to Windows desktops and run published applications such as Microsoft Office.
The 2X Client for Mac OS X provides MAC users with the ability to stay connected to their home or office Windows PC. The application allows you to simply and securely connect via RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) to your remote Windows desktop and applications whenever you want, wherever you are.
Additionally, you can experience the full benefits of published remote Windows applications and desktops connecting to 2X Remote Application Server. This way, the 2X Client for RDP / Remote Desktop seamlessly runs published Windows applications and desktops from Windows Terminal Server and all major VDI Hypervisors including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware or Citrix Xen.
“We are very excited for the full version launch of the 2X Client for Mac OS X. Our goal was to develop an easy to use, secure way for MAC users to remotely connect to their desktop and run published applications. We are proud to supply the MAC user community with a free 2X solution which will hopefully enhance their computing experience.
– Nikolaos Makris
About 2X Client for RDP / Remote Desktop on Mac OS X
The 2X Client for Mac OS X provides users with the ability to stay connected to their home or office Windows PC. The application allows you to simply and securely connect via RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) to your remote Windows desktop and applications whenever you want, wherever you are.
Key features include:
- Connect to Remote Desktops and get the full desktop experience on any MAC.
- Run published applications such as Microsoft Office on your MAC.
- Device Redirection can redirect sound from any desktop to your MAC.
- Native RDP Connections provide simple connection to any available machine on the network by adding an RDP connection.
- Supports all major VDIs such as Windows 2000, 2003 or 2008 R2 Server and run remote desktops or applications.
- Obtain a higher level of security when you connect over SSL using 2X Client for OS X and 2X Remote Application Server.
About 2X Software
2X Software is a global leader in virtual desktop and application delivery, remote access and cloud computing solutions. Thousands of enterprises worldwide trust in the reliability and scalability of 2X products. 2X offers a range of solutions to make every company’s shift to cloud computing simple and affordable.