2X Remote Application Server v10.5 Brings Together Application Delivery, VDI & Thin Client Management from a Single Platform
Dallas, TX, Sep 05, 2012 – 2X Software today announced the release of Version 10.5 of its award winning 2X Remote Application Server. 2X Software is the first to offer Application Delivery and Virtual Desktop Management (VDI) with the integration of full Thin Client Management in a single software package. The release also includes a host of new features including Second Level Authentication with Radius, URL Redirection Blacklist and RAW printing.
In addition to the brand new features included in 2X Remote Application Server version 10.5 all customers will have the option to purchase the 2X ClientManager Module upgrading their installation to 2X Remote Application Server 10.5 PLUS.
2X ClientManager allows administrators to centrally manage user connections, thin client devices and PCs converted into thin clients using the free 2XOS, with future versions set to include the management of mobile devices.
Other new features in 2X Remote Application Server 10.5 include:
- Integration of Radius as a second level authentication provider
- Ability to generate an SSL certificate request directly from the console
- URL Redirection Blacklist allowing Administrators to configure URLs that will not be redirected to the client and stay on the server
- Support for Hyper V Cluster
- RDP Drives. The 2X Windows Client will have the option to select which drives a user can redirect
- Raw Printing so applications that send RAW data format directly to the printer will work when the printer is redirected
- Single Sign On for Servers, previously only available for workstations
- RDP Connection in Linux and Java Clients, both clients have been updated to support straight RDP connectivity
- Server to Client Commands so applications can be started on the client as instructed from the server session
“With this release 2X Software continues to innovate and is the first to offer integrated thin client management, delivering even more value to our customers and simplified administration,” said Nikolaos Makris, CEO of 2X Software, “In future we will be adding more new modules to extend the functionality of 2X Remote Application Server even further.”
Pricing for 2X Remote Application Server starts at $1,190 for the small business version and pricing for the 2X ClientManager Module starts at $450 for 10 clients.
About 2X Software
2X Software is a global leader in virtual desktop and application delivery, remote access and cloud computing solutions. Thousands of enterprises worldwide trust in the reliability and scalability of 2X products. 2X offers a range of solutions to make every company’s leap to cloud computing simple and affordable.
Contact Caroline Stokes on +44 (0)845 222 0425, email email@example.com.