We are aware of occasional disconnect issues with the 2X MDM Client on certain Samsung (and other) phones. We are currently working on resolving this issue to provide a more persistent connection to the 2X MDM Server on all Android devices.
Why would the 2X MDM Client show as offline on the server?
- The Android Operating System may close background running services
- Some Android versions may restart the app after some time
- User manually clicks the “Logoff” button or the “Exit” button
- User “Force Closes” the app from System Settings
- Client has no network connectivity (WiFi/3G/2G)
- Client has network connectivity but no internet connectivity (eg. Hotel WiFi but not logged in)
Cases 1, 3, 4
The client will display the status text “Your device is disconnected”. To restart the client-server communication, manually press the “Login” button. When the phone has restarted, the 2X MDM Client will launch automatically UNLESS the user pressed the “Exit” button.
The client will display the status text “Your device is disconnected”. Nothing needs to be done since the application is relaunched automatically by the Android Operating System.
The client will display the status text “Network Unreachable”. Nothing needs to be done since the application connects automatically when network connectivity returns.
The client will display the status text “Cannot connect to server. Retrying in <x> seconds”. Nothing needs to be done since the application connects automatically when network connectivity that can reach the server returns.